Monday, October 19, 2009

mum - we have a map of the piano

While in Colombia this past week, my dad found an old Kodak Brownie in my grandparent's old apartment. He brought it back and I've been playing around with it and I can't help but feel like an archeologist because it's such a simple device (essentially a light-tight box with a shutter) but some levers don't seem to do anything. I'm going to keep playing with it and figure out a way to roll some modern film into it.

In other news, I've been a whole lot more inspired these past few weeks. I've been looking/lurking a lot and seeing so much good work from people that I just feel like grabbing my camera and running outside. The deceptively pleasant weather is also helping. I just need to find adventures/excuses to sling my camera over my shoulder.



Photobucket

3 comments: